Here is how a overall and wholesome music learning experience looks like in my thinking:
Teaching Children How To LISTEN To Music, Will make them Look for :
- For mood impressions – What Does It Make You Feel
- for melodic imaginative shape – Imagining Shapes In Music
- for dynamic differences – How Loud or Soft or In The Middle Music Is
- for similarity of musical phrases – Look For Patterns In Music
- For nuances and articulations – Small & Little Texture or Expression In Muisc
While listening to music, what do they FOLLOW ?
- The Tune/Melodic Line – Following the Tune
- The changes of tempo – How Fast or Slow
- The rhythmic pulse – What Pattern in Beat
- The musical form – General Template
What should you RECOGNIZE while listening to music?
- Musical punctuation through identification of phrase, sentence, and period
- Harmonic progression and structure
- The use of accents to emphasize punctuation
- Instruments and the relationship of size to pitch style and form
Learn to RELATE the music you learnt.
- Music to the rhythm of daily living
- To other subject areas, Like Science, Maths, Physics.
- Listen to a song on the Radio and recognize the rhythm, scale and so on..
MUSIC TEACHER’S GUIDE | JOEL E. DAVE (c) 2017 MusicTutorial.in |