is the beginning of all musical experiences. It involves continually “attending” to what Is heard . It provides the basis of musical growth In:
- Learning to appreciate music of different styles;
- knowledge of the elements of music;
- Understanding the musical heritage of different cultures;
- Analyzing Music;
- Knowing the form and structure;
- Identifying instruments by sound;
Music Learning for most part must involve Listening. You Know Why?
Music is a communication skill and an aural art. Its medium is sound and it must be heard to exist. Listening is the important element in the development & creating Music.
Learn to recognize in your Listening about the Elements of music?
- Tonal quality
Learn to recognize the kinds of music in terms of music composition?
- Concert music
- Story music
- Chamber music
- Dance (ballet, folk)
- Musical comedies
Also Learn the Medium and quality of performance