The Difference – Mental Memory vs Finger Memory
Anything you need to learn likely has both a physical (muscle memory) and mental (repetition retention) segment. These two have their own “expectation to absorb information.”
It’s not difficult to see that drawing the bones of the body for a science/biology test is a generally mental learning, in contrast with learning a new game on the field which is a physical learning. It may amaze you to discover that DRAWING and PLAYING A MUSICAL INSTRUMENT are pretty much a balance of mental and physical learning.
The two work in an essentially unique manner. There are likewise extraordinary deceives you can use to advance each. We should investigate the science:
How are Physical and Mental Skills Stored?
- You have probably come across these 2 words, “muscle memory.” which is reality an automatic memory. Educators call this “non-declarative memory.” It’s a sort of innate skill that you have learnt. Example – Driving Car – your muscles exactly know where the ABC ( Accelerator, Break, Clutch ) of the driving is by instinct.
- When I speak of a mental memory, it is what educators would call a “declarative memory.” It is knowledge that can be explained in words.
Example – which is capital of the United States, major scale positions on a guitar, chemical reactions are all declarative memories.
3 Important Benefits Of Learning To Draw Piano Keyboard
- By practising to draw the keyboard layout you train your brain to retain the musical notes in a MIND MAPPING manner.
- Associating a sound to a mental picture.
- helps you to be set free from looking at the piano keyboard to play the piano rightly.
How To Draw The Piano Keyboard – Video Lesson
Okay… Now its time to learn a song…
Song – Dyno, My Pet Dinosaur
How to play this song?
- Remember the TIME VALUE of the notes in the sheet music above. (if you do not know click here to learn)
- Hand Position
- Thumb = 1 in both hands
- Watch the Video below and TRY playing
To download the BOOK as a PDF – http://musictutorial.in/downloads/
- Take the Quiz
Lesson 4 QUIZ
- Do the exercise
- Practise drawing the keyboard diagram.